I am too depressed.
I am going to the bookstore.
I cannot guarantee that I will behave.
Photo © 2008 Pearlie Ng
Alister McGrath (ed.),
The Christian Theological Reader, (Blackwell, 2006)
This bestselling volume is now available in a fully updated and expanded 3rd edition, bringing together 361 readings drawn from 233 different sources, and charting the 2,000 years of Christian history.
- Each reading illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark
- Exceptionally user-friendly: every reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary, and study questions
- Features increased coverage of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and women writers, and includes important sources from patristic, medieval, reformation, and modern periods
- A new section provides a bird's-eye view of the historical development of Christian theology, allowing users to locate a reading against its historical context
- Additional writers featured include: Yves Congar, Walter Kasper, Bernard Lonergan, Bonaventure, Duns Scotus, Stanley Hauerwas, John Paul II, C. S. Lewis, Maximus the Confessor, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Dorothee Souml;lle, Dumitru Staniloae, and Rowan Williams.