I am really finding it so hard in my language learning recently, especially when I feel I am not progressing at all and being fluent seem so distant it’s beginning to feel impossible.
It’s so frustrating.
And I found this article that says that I am not only hitting one wall but nine!
1. My vocabulary is too basic to hold a conversation. And isn’t that so true.
2. When I learn a new vocabulary word, I still don't understand it when a native uses it. I can only understand bits and pieces here and there.
3. I can't speak fluently, even though I understand the language when I hear it. Not a wall I’m facing yet since I don’t understand much of what I hear.
4. I don't know how to stop making the same mistake over and over again. This is what has been frustrating me lately. I keep mixing up words and grammar rules.
5. I can understand the language, but I just can't speak it. I can only understand bits and pieces and obviously can’t speak it at all.
6. The language I'm learning has too many words that all mean the same thing. And the same words with many, many meanings.
7. I want to sound smoother, more native and more eloquent. But I just sound weird.
8. I learned a new language in school, and I just don't sound like a native speaker. At least I think I don’t have a problem with the languages I learnt in school.
9. I've been learning a language for years, but I'm not getting anywhere. I’ve just been at it for a year and I’ll not get anywhere even after a few years?
Oh dear...maybe I should just give up?