Matthew for Everyone
by N.T. Wright
I have blogged before that I have joined a group in church to read the New Testament in one year.
We are currently still in the Gospel of Matthew.
And in the reading, there are many times when we asked questions and when we come across some complicated verses. This is where after referring to the few commentaries I have on Matthew, namely:
- Donald A. Hagner, Matthew, Word Biblical Commentary
- Ulrich Luz, A Commentary on Matthew, Hermeneia
- R.T. France, Matthew: An Introduction and Commentary, Tyndale New Testament Commentary
- R.T. France, The Gospel of Matthew, New International Commentary on the New Testament
- N.T. Wright, Matthew for Everyone
...I find that I like N.T. Wright's version the most.
It is not as technical as the rest, it's more readable and insightful in its exegesis.
With that I went and check to see if I have all the volumes in the series and found that indeed I do, except for the 2 volumes on Romans. I actually spent about RM400 buying the series, not including the ones on Romans.
When I went and looked for it in Logos.com, the series is on sale!
It's now only RM94.37 for 20 volumes instead of a whopping RM904.56.
But I wonder if I can get it even cheaper for the 2 volumes on Romans. I doubt it and I think I will have to pay RM94.37 not for 20 volumes but for only 2.
What a bummer!
Here's the link if you are interested. And of course the link may or may not work with it being time sensitive.